a tribute to female circus talent
Saturday 26th of January at 8.15 pm, Kortrijkse Schouwburg
In collaboration with Cultuurcentrum Kortrijk
“Circus is not about risks, stop talking about risks. Circus is about possibilities”
Tilde Björkfors, artistic Director Cirkör (SE)
1. Jess Love (UK) opens with a cabaret-like hula hoop act on the edge of classical and contemporary circus.
2. Eva Schubach (DE) en Yolaine Dooms (BE) are the trapeze duo Passe-Pieds. Eva is rather short, and Yolaine is even shorter, and together they hang on a ‘stick between two ropes’ as they call it. Their act ‘Don’t forget to catch me’ is inventive, sensual and funny
3. Katleen Ravoet (BE) dances on balance sticks. She makes supple use of her body to transform oriental music into an own circus language.
4. Leila Köckenberger (DE) explores a new circus discipline with ‘Aerial Plastique’. She does not use a ’tissu’, but her movements create strong images with the use of a transparent plastic foil.
5. Anna Bávner (SE) en Julietta Birkeland (SE) compete with each other in a “main à main”. Both want all the attention from the public for themselves, but they need each other to achieve that.
6. Wietske Vogels (NL) has a new red dress. This dress offers a lot of opportunities and when she puts it on, we get to see a surprising play with rings, both on the ground and in the air.
7. Sarah Lett (UK) is one of the few female circus artists who master the single wheel , the ‘roue cyr’.
8. Natalia Fandiño (ARG) started as a tango dancer, but as a circus artist, she specialised in aerobatics on a fixed trapeze. She brings us pure and breathtaking acrobacy.
9. Julietta Birkeland (SE) practices a personal and funny way of juggling. A tiny lady, with a great stage personality.
10. Ursula Martinez (UK) travels the world with her magisterial magical striptease ‘Hanky Panky’. She appears on stage fully dressed and conjures little red cloths away, again and again. Also pieces of clothing disappear one by one. This concludes Soiree Humorologie with a hilarious finale.
presentation of Soiree Humorologie is by Annabelle Van Nieuwenhuyse (BE).
Tickets via Uit in Kortrijk: +32 (0)56.239.855 or ONLINE TICKETS